Thursday, August 23, 2007

First post


First post... seems like a good pic to start, does it not? This blog is going to be a place for my rants, my dislike of 90% of the people I know and 100% of the people I do not know and other stuff which drives my colleagues and friends mad. One thing I have to confess.. I am a big fan of the hit TV show House MD and a lot of my ideas get heavily influenced from it..

One instance happened today when one of my friends got totally riled up with my statement, "People are only nice to others coz of their selfishness". Allow me to explain.. If you are mean to others, they will be mean to you; hence its in your best interests to be nice to others, which kind of makes a lot of people diplomatic, but also kind of cowards. :)

Now riling people up carries a big disadvantage.. they stop being rational and at such points I am reminded of Spock (I am also a big Star Trek geek.. so also watch for references to it) and his inability to understand humans and their irrationality, although he gives them points for their illogical "gut instinct". This also seems like a good place to bring out my fascination with the Vulcan philosophy and my aim to be as logical and as rational as possible, during decision making and leaving my emotions at the door. Now that I write this blog, I suddenly see a flaw in my logic where I say I "dislike" so many people, which should not happen, since I am aiming to free my thought process of emotions. wow!! Nice revelation of myself on my first post.. Please comment. I love to argue (oops)/discuss my ideas and thoughts with people and am completely open to everyone proving me wrong.. I promise I will not be irrational :)

No comments:

interesting links