Wednesday, September 12, 2007

loss

My aunt died on Monday evening. Actually she was murdered and its featured in the mumbai mirror. It was totally senseless and since then i have been in a state of shock. Nothing was stolen from the home, so it definitely rules out robbery as a motive, and the cops do not have any leads yet. My dad and her husband have been best friends for a long time and so have I and her kids. I cannot even imagine what they and Pinge kaka must be feeling right now. Talking to someone in the afternoon and coming back home to seeing her lying in a pool of blood with her throat slit. What do you say after such a horrific event? She was a kind person, always welcoming us with great gusto and talking about her in the past sense just does not feel right. Its this void in my heart that I am trying to understand what could have caused someone commit such a heartless crime. I look over my orkut and other social network profiles and see both of her children smiling and it pains me to think of whats going on in their minds right now. In all my years of knowing her, I do not remember a single instance when I do not remember her not having a smile on her face. I wish I had something more to say, but its just too painful to think of it. I hope the killer/s will be found and be brought to swift justice. Meanwhile I just pray that her soul ends up in a happy place.

1 comment:

S. said...

I'm sorry about this. Did this really happen to you? It's unbelievable and terribly unfortunate.

interesting links